Florida Cow-Calf Management Guide 2nd Edition
Designed as a complete resource for the production and management of the small cattle herd in Florida, this informative, completely illustrated 120-page book includes chapters on how to get started managing a viable cattle operation, planning a breeding program, feeding, forages, managing reproduction, maintaining a healthy herd, good management practices, marketing feed calves and budgeting. Includes SP 145, Body Condition Scoring of Beef Cattle, a pocket-sized field identification guide. Second Edition, revised 2001.
To order the handbook, follow this link.
Table of Contents
Below you will find the table of contents for the Florida Cow-Calf Management Guide. You are also able to follow the links to online publications in EDIS that cover the material where available.
About the Authors
- Carrol Chambliss, Extension Forage Specialist, Agronomy Department, Gainesville.
- Shep Eubanks, County Extension Directory, Holmes County, Bonifay.
- Mike Fanning, Former Extension Beef Specialist, Southwest Florida Research and Education Center, Immokalee.
- Jim Fletcher, County Extension Director, Madison County, Madison.
- Sharon Fox Gamble, Extension Agent, Volusia County, DeLand.
- Ronnie Hartzog, Coordinator of Research Programs/Services, North Florida Research and Education Center, Marianna.
- Pat Hogue, Extension Agent, Suwannee County, Live Oak.
- John Holt, Retired Extension Economist, Food and Resource Economics Department, Gainesville.
- Ed Jennings, Sumter County, Bushnell.
- Mark Kistler, Former County Extension Director, Okeechobee County, Okeechobee.
- Bill Kunkle, Extension Beef Specialist, Department of Animal Sciences, Gainesville.
- Elzy Lord, Extension Agent, Alachua County, Gainesville.
- Doug Mayo, Extension Agent, Jackson County, Marianna.
- Pat Miller, Extension Agent, Okeechobee County, Okeechobee.
- Tim Olson, Department of Animal Sciences, Gainesville.
- Dave Prichard, Former Extension Livestock Specialist, North Florida Research and Education Center, Quincy.
- Owen Rae, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville.
- Bob Sand, Extension Livestock Specialist, Department of Animal Sciences, Gainesville.
- Jim Selph, County Extension Director, Desoto County, Arcadia.
- Mark Shuffitt, Extension Agent, Marion County, Ocala.
- Jim Simpson, Retired Livestock Marketing Economist, Food and Resource Economics Department, Gainesville.
- Allen Tyree, County Extension Director, Hamilton County, Jasper.